CargoBeamer is an environmentally friendly logistics solutions, where semi-trailers are transported by rail in a resource-saving way. This saves around 85% of CO2 emissions as compared with conventional truck transport. Instead of transporting each semi-trailer individually on the road by truck, CargoBeamer takes up to 36 semi-trailers to their destination with just one intermodal train - electrically. CargoBeamer is a crucial building block for a better carbon footprint while offering shippers cost-effective, reliable and fast delivery of their goods.
in carbon neutrality
in carbon neutrality
Stamps from TÜV Nord Cert
Since the beginning of 2022, all our services as well as the company CargoBeamer are climate neutral, confirmed by TÜV Nord Cert. This includes all emissions of Scopes 1 and 2 as well as a large part of Scope 3 emissions. Since CargoBeamer already saves 85% of the greenhouse gas emissions of road transport, the remaining 15% are compensated by using gold standard certificates. These support several renewable energy projects and sustainable development goals of the United Nations. We calculate our company carbon footprint with the help of Climate Extender.
Calculations based on EcoTransIT
We calculate the remaining CO2 footprint of our rail freight transport using the tool of the industry leader EcoTransIT, enabling us to make transport-specific emissions calculations and compare savings to road transport. Calculations also include emissions for terminal handling in both CargoBeamer and third-party terminals.
Greenhouse gas emissions are recorded as CO2 equivalents (“CO2e”). Fine dust such as nitrogen oxides or sulfur oxides are also calculated using EcoTransIT, recorded, and implemented in the offsetting procedure.
Proud Signatory of The Climate Pledge
CargoBeamer has signed “The Climate Pledge”, an initiative in which companies commit to net-zero emissions by 2040 at the latest, 10 years earlier than planned at the Paris Climate Summit.
For ourselves, we have set this goal even sooner to the year 2030. Except for some upstream emissions in terminal construction and wagon production, CargoBeamer is already offsetting today’s entire carbon footprint.
Calculate how much CO2
CargoBeamer saves in comparison with road transport by trucks
The parameters and methodology for these values are taken from the studies Handbook on the external cost of transport (2019, page 45), which was commissioned by the European Commission, and Electricity Production Mixes Traction - EU28 (IFEU Heidelberg, 2019).